Privacy notice and consent
Towards Maturity is committed to protecting your personal information. This notice explains how information about you is used.
The information we gather
Information that we gather about you may include your name, email address, IP address and any other unique means of identification or bespoke data shared with us (including but not limited to role, department, education and skills, geographic location) and your online behaviours and interactions with our websites or products.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as your employer, our group companies, service providers and agents.
Systems used to gather data
- computer networks and connections
- communications systems
- research and analytics tools
- authentication methods including single sign on and username/password credentials
- click through links
- email and instant messaging systems
- intranet and internet facilities
- telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records
- other hardware and software owned, used or provided by or on behalf of us and our group companies.
How we hold and share information
If you need any further detail please contact [email protected]
Reasons for processing
We may process your personal data for our legitimate business purposes (or those of our group companies) such as:
- delivery of services
- production of reports, data dashboards and analytical papers
- to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services for the benefit of our customers
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites or products
- improving the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations and good practice
- to contact existing customers or individuals that have shown an interest in our products or services
We always carefully consider your interests and your personal data rights before doing this. If you have any concerns about us processing your personal data for these reasons, you have the right to object. If you wish to do so please contact us at [email protected] You can withdraw your consent to us contacting you for marketing or promotional purposes at any time and if you wish to do so please contact us at [email protected]
We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and think that we may have information relating to that child, please contact us here. We will ask you to prove your relationship to the child but if you do so you may (subject to applicable law) request access to and deletion of that child’s personal data.
Please contact us here if:
- you would like to correct or request information that we hold relating to you;
- to object to our processing of your personal data.
When making your choices, please bear in mind that they may affect your use and enjoyment of our services and products. If you have any concerns about the way that we process your personal data please contact us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
What happens to your data once you have completed the Towards Maturity Learning Health Check?
We appreciate that you are sharing confidential data about your organisation in order to benchmark your progress with others. Towards Maturity operates a strict confidentiality policy to protect participants in our Health Check (benchmark) research. This means:
- We do not share information about your organisation’s Health Check data with any 3rd party (including our trusted partners).
- Outside of Towards Maturity, the only people who will see your personalised Health Check results will be you and those you chose to share that information with.
- Towards Maturity will only contact you to discuss the results of your organisation’s Health Check data where you have given us explicit permission to.
- We use your information to help build a picture of a wider industry benchmark by converting it to an anonymised (with all identifying details removed) and aggregated (grouped with the data of other participants) form. This is to protect the confidentiality of this data and ensure that only the data needed for our analysis purposes is transferred. Once in this form, the data is kept indefinitely for the purposes of analysis and reporting and may be included in our publicly available industry reports. The only exception to this is where you have explicitly given us permission to use a quote that you have provided within one of our reports.
- To maintain anonymity, we do not publish reports with fewer than 10 participants so that contributions remain and cannot be traced back to individual organisations.
- We will not share your email address with any other organisation for marketing purposes unless permission is granted (for example, if you download a report from our site that is sponsored by one of our partners we will clearly inform you at the point of download that your email address will be shared with the sponsor supporting the report. You have the option to request a report without the sharing your email address).
What happens to data gathered through the Strategic and Learner Intelligence programmes?
- Data is gathered from employees anonymously via a secure link
- No member of participating companies has access to information that can identify employees individually.
- Responses are reported only at the workgroup and company overall levels, and are not broken out at the individual level.
- No reports have information about individual employees or information that enables a manager to determine individual responses.
- All reports contain totals for the group only and to protect each individual’s confidentiality, a report will not be generated for groups with fewer than 30 respondents.
- If requested by the participating organisation(s), respondents may have the option to provide their email address if they want to be contacted by their internal L&D team. This data is not used by Towards Maturity and is deleted prior to analysis.
- The option to participate is completely voluntary. However, participation provides an opportunity for respondents’ voices to be heard in order to create a more useful learning environment.
- We may use your data to contribute to our industry benchmarks. In order to ensure individual respondents and participating companies remain confidential data is sampled across participating companies and we do not report on any samples of less than 30 participants.
- We may share with our group companies information and data arising out of our analysis work, for further analysis and reporting purposes, but strictly in an anonymised and aggregated form.
- If you have any questions about how we use your Towards Maturity Health Check Data, please contact us at [email protected]
Terms and conditions of Website Use
Towards Maturity, is a trading name of Emerald Learning Limited and in this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Towards Maturity and our group companies from time to time. More information about Towards Maturity and our group companies can be found at http://www.emeraldgroup.com/
Our website is provided for general information purposes and may not be accurate, complete or up to date. We make no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the content for any purpose, or that the services provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error free. All content is provided “as is”. We exclude all liability for any loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this website or its contents.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual property rights in the content of the website, including any Towards Maturity marks, logos and brands, belong to us, our licensors, or are reproduced with permission of the copyright owner. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. If you are in doubt whether an item is copyright or a trade mark of Towards Maturity , please contact [email protected] for clarification.
Purchase of Products and Services
The purchase of any products and services advertised on this website will be subject to separate terms of agreement.
These website terms are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts, provided that we are entitled to apply to any court to bring an action for infringement of our intellectual property rights.