Building a Unified Global Business Through Learning Innovation at Brambles
Brambles Holdings is an Australian listed holding company with operations in more than 60 countries.
The organisation has over 14,000 employees and a turnover of US $5.5bn. The group’s global business is in pallets, plastic reusable crates and containers – with only 500 million pieces of equipment around the world!
A change of CEO 6.5 years ago (Tom Gorman) stimulated a culture switch to an operating organisation which had huge implications on previously semi-independent businesses. What happened next was:
- A new company mantra: “One business – One team”
- A drive for synergies and for the Group’s companies to speak to customers and suppliers with a common voice
- Changes included divestment from one business and acquisition of a better fit business in Germany
- L&D was very disparate and devolved
- Significant waste was occurring through duplication of provision and little local uptake of centrally procured systems and interventions
- A ‘not invented here’ mentality which had resulted in national companies creating local solutions to common group needs – and rejecting offerings from other group companies
- Employee engagement survey showed growth and development to be lowest factor consistently over 8 years
Download this case study to find out:
- How to develop trust with business leaders
- How to earn and maintain executive support
- How to transform L&D
Download this case study (PDF)
Download this case study
- L&D Benchmark Reports
- In-Focus Reports
- Sector Reports
- Case Studies
- Free Resources
Towards Maturity is working with the Learning Technologies show in London to launch a new study that will transform the way that L&D adds value to business and the way that the business values L&D. On 31 January at 5pm, join senior L&D leaders, Donald Taylor (Chair of...
2018 is another year of opportunity for L&D leaders. Laura Overton discusses how the fearless can set a new direction that will impact their organisation’s growth, transformation, productivity and performance.
Join global experts and practitioners to uncover practical tips for improving your learning strategy. The eXchange programme provides a free opportunity to join Informal, face-to-face group discussions with the top conference speakers at Learning Technologies on 31st...
Stephanie Morgan, Director of Learning Solutions at Bray Leino Learning, shares five top tips to build learner engagement and more.
This month we are capturing the essence of some of these case studies by featuring a treasure trove of tops tips that could transform your e-learning program into a class act!