Building a Unified Global Business Through Learning Innovation at Brambles
Brambles Holdings is an Australian listed holding company with operations in more than 60 countries.
The organisation has over 14,000 employees and a turnover of US $5.5bn. The group’s global business is in pallets, plastic reusable crates and containers – with only 500 million pieces of equipment around the world!
A change of CEO 6.5 years ago (Tom Gorman) stimulated a culture switch to an operating organisation which had huge implications on previously semi-independent businesses. What happened next was:
- A new company mantra: “One business – One team”
- A drive for synergies and for the Group’s companies to speak to customers and suppliers with a common voice
- Changes included divestment from one business and acquisition of a better fit business in Germany
- L&D was very disparate and devolved
- Significant waste was occurring through duplication of provision and little local uptake of centrally procured systems and interventions
- A ‘not invented here’ mentality which had resulted in national companies creating local solutions to common group needs – and rejecting offerings from other group companies
- Employee engagement survey showed growth and development to be lowest factor consistently over 8 years
Download this case study to find out:
- How to develop trust with business leaders
- How to earn and maintain executive support
- How to transform L&D
Download this case study (PDF)
Download this case study
- L&D Benchmark Reports
- In-Focus Reports
- Sector Reports
- Case Studies
- Free Resources
Learning and Development (L&D) best practice, thought leadership and the latest learning technology to be shared at Birmingham’s NEC on 15 & 16 October.
We always talk about the benefits of undergoing Towards Maturity’s Learning Health Check and using statistics to emphasise the effects of benchmarking, but what does its real impact look like on a business? We interviewed Nebel Crowhurst, Head of People Experience at River Island, to find out what role the Towards Maturity Health Check played in helping her develop her organisation into one that facilitates a high-performing learning culture.
This recorded webinar provides a case study from Vodafone and PurpleMedia following their success in designing and implementing a credible and impactful learning solution surrounding diversity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond.
Today, over 98% of organisations are on a mission to transform the impact of their learning strategy and the majority of L&D leaders are focusing on accelerating digital because they believe it holds the key to help more people increase their performance.
In 2018, 93% of learning practitioners wanted to increase employee engagement with learning, but only 27% were successful. With less than a third meeting this goal, it is important to explore how an exemplar organisation turned their learning strategy on its head to achieve just that. Read more about how Mitchells & Butlers teamed up with Kineo to become Gold award winners at Learning Technologies Awards 2018.