Towards Maturity Impact Indicators
Everyone is talking about using learning innovation to help deliver more with less but how does your approach compare with others? Does it really deliver? Here is the history behind the Towards Maturity Impact indicators, along with 3 tips for using them to build business buy-in.
About the original Towards Maturity Impact Indicators
Since then, we have gathered data from thousands of L&D leaders about the impact of their learning innovation, plotting it against 13 Key Performance Indicators.
900 different organisations have contributed specific data on performance improvement to the Towards Maturity Benchmark in the last three years. Collectively, this data shows us that learning innovation, done well, is delivering tangible results for business. The majority of contributions have come from top performing L&D teams. Some of these may -be your peers, your suppliers or even your competitors.
Learning innovation is delivering bottom-line impact
- Our ability to change procedures or products has improved by 22%
- Our ability to speed up the rollout of new IT applications has improved by 24%
- Learning interventions have increased organisational productivity by 12%
- Time to competency has been improved by 13%
- Staff turnover has been reduced by 8%
- Our measures of staff satisfaction and engagement have improved by 16%
- Cost of training has reduced by 16%
- Delivery time has reduced by 23%
- Reach/volume of learning has increased by 22%
3 tips for using the Towards Maturity Indicators:
- Improve engagement: open up new conversations with business leaders – this data may come from your suppliers or competitors as a result of learning innovation.
- Use averages to model potential business improvement as a result of new investments – even if you only achieved a fraction of these benefits, is it worth considering?
- Establish smart targets for your strategy: stop focusing on pure efficiency metrics and work with business to improve what matters most.
Evidence for change: the stories behind the numbers
The original Towards Maturity Impact Indicator report kick started our Evidence for Change – a programme to provide a single place for evidence that will support learning and development professionals who are looking to build their own business case for change. Check out the link for specific case studies showing how organisations are achieving results.
Compare your L&D strategy with the Towards Maturity Learning Health Check
Compare your L&D strategy
Review your L&D strategy to discover your strengths and opportunities for improvement with the Towards Maturity Learning Health Check.
Towards Maturity Learning Health Check provides an ideal starting point for organisations wanting to improve their development, by giving clear evidence and comparisons with high-performing learning cultures. To get a real idea of how the Health Check has a proven business impact, we spoke with Robin Lilly, Capabilities and Leadership Development Director of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company, to hear his experiences.
Evidence is vital to backing up a case for change and even more powerful when internal data is being compared against high-performing learning organisations.