Towards Maturity Impact Indicators
Everyone is talking about using learning innovation to help deliver more with less but how does your approach compare with others? Does it really deliver? Here is the history behind the Towards Maturity Impact indicators, along with 3 tips for using them to build business buy-in.
About the original Towards Maturity Impact Indicators
Since then, we have gathered data from thousands of L&D leaders about the impact of their learning innovation, plotting it against 13 Key Performance Indicators.
900 different organisations have contributed specific data on performance improvement to the Towards Maturity Benchmark in the last three years. Collectively, this data shows us that learning innovation, done well, is delivering tangible results for business. The majority of contributions have come from top performing L&D teams. Some of these may -be your peers, your suppliers or even your competitors.
Learning innovation is delivering bottom-line impact
- Our ability to change procedures or products has improved by 22%
- Our ability to speed up the rollout of new IT applications has improved by 24%
- Learning interventions have increased organisational productivity by 12%
- Time to competency has been improved by 13%
- Staff turnover has been reduced by 8%
- Our measures of staff satisfaction and engagement have improved by 16%
- Cost of training has reduced by 16%
- Delivery time has reduced by 23%
- Reach/volume of learning has increased by 22%
3 tips for using the Towards Maturity Indicators:
- Improve engagement: open up new conversations with business leaders – this data may come from your suppliers or competitors as a result of learning innovation.
- Use averages to model potential business improvement as a result of new investments – even if you only achieved a fraction of these benefits, is it worth considering?
- Establish smart targets for your strategy: stop focusing on pure efficiency metrics and work with business to improve what matters most.
Evidence for change: the stories behind the numbers
The original Towards Maturity Impact Indicator report kick started our Evidence for Change – a programme to provide a single place for evidence that will support learning and development professionals who are looking to build their own business case for change. Check out the link for specific case studies showing how organisations are achieving results.
Compare your L&D strategy with the Towards Maturity Learning Health Check
Compare your L&D strategy
Review your L&D strategy to discover your strengths and opportunities for improvement with the Towards Maturity Learning Health Check.
It’s that time of year again—the annual Speexx Exchange conference in Berlin is right around the corner! This leading industry event on talent management practices brings together learning and development (L&D) practitioners from around the world for a full day of networking, sharing and learning.
As an industry, pharma and life sciences is leading the way with evidence-based practice and therefore it is surprising that organisations are not applying this valuable practice to support people to transform as they grapple with the skills acquisition challenge.
Our Supporters also influence Towards Maturity's Health Check and research, providing insights on future trends and practices that should be investigated.