After a great show, here’s our insights, takeaways and a host of fantastic resources that you’re bound to benefit from.
LT15 eXchange Sessions: What We Learned
Generate: A Crowdsourcing Experiment
Generate is where visitors and exhibitors alike came together to generate new ideas and suggestions that will help them modernise the way they facilitate learning at work. At Generate we provided a simple (sticky!) way of capturing crowdsourced solutions to questions that were voted on by the L&D community online.
- How do I engage my learners more effectively in online learning?
- How can I best embed learning throughout the workplace experience?
- How do I set up a learning community of practice?
- What are the top tips for delivering great L&D on a budget?
- How can I best use MOOCs in my learning strategy?
- What are your top tips for introducing performance support?
- What role can Virtual Reality (eg Occulus Rift) play in learning?
- How do I demonstrate the value of my L&D Department?
Take Away these Fantastic Free Resources
It’s not our policy to recommend suppliers, but we do know that the Towards Maturity Ambassadors were giving away some great resources for free – these are thought leading organisations who value independent research and sharing good advice. We produced a map for the show where you could find them all, but if you missed them or didn’t make it to the show, you can download digital copies of their resources below.
- Acteon are giving away a highly useful Blended Campaign Design Template
- Brightwave have a booklet on The New Future of Work and Learning
- DPG presented a fantastic seminar titled, What’s Changed in Learning Evaluation?
- IMC-UK are giving away a whitepaper on compliance called The Carrot or the Stick
- City & Guilds Kineo are giving away a series of guides on Blends That Work
- KPMG and Towards Maturity partner to bring you 9 Fresh Insights on Modernising Leadership Development
- LEO are giving away an ebook bringing fresh thinking to A New Future for Learning
- Saba are giving away an ebook explaining How Technology can Support the 70:20:10 Framework
- Sponge UK have created a series of free tutorials for Articulate Storyline 2
- Speexx are giving away a host of whitepapers and have released another this week on driving business
Free Independent Research and Resources on the Latest Success Trends and Technologies
This spring, Towards Maturity are releasing 5 new sector-specific reports, taking an in-depth look at individual industries using the data obtained from the 2014 Benchmark Study. The new reports look at:
- Professional Services
- IT and Telecoms
- Finance and Insurance
- Energy and Utilities
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
Building on the evidence established from 3,500 L&D leaders and 15,000 learners gathered since 2003, this study revisits the New Learning Agenda introduced last year and explores how it is being used as a roadmap for modernising learning – if you’ve not downloaded it yet, check out your exhibition bag for our infographic to share with colleagues back in the office.
If you missed them, you missed out! We presented two seminars this year on the following topics:
- How to get your L&D team in tip top condition for 2015
Laura Overton, Managing Director
- Debunking the ‘Learner Centric’ myths of L&D
Marnie Threapleton, Head of Advisory Services
Meeting Interesting People
The BarCamp with @learnpatch was a resounding success – over 40 people turned up for the fringe event for the bar-hosted gathering to discuss xAPI (otherwise known as the Experience API or Tin Can API). They had a stellar line up of speakers who shared their knowledge and expertise on Tin Can.
There were also plenty of opportunities to meet people through the Share & Learn programme, detailed on the Learning Technologies website – make sure you come along to these events next year.
Great seminars you might have missed…
In our definitive guide to LT, we identified quite a number of ‘not to miss’ seminars from organisations that we respect who were planning to provide practical ‘how to’s for 2015. We were seriously impressed with the sheer breadth of topics and solutions covered, mostly done without sales talk. Vendors this year were definitely providing more advice and sharing expertise in order to stand out from the crowd. Our particular favourite was the standing-room-only seminar from Martin Baker and Charles Jennings on harnessing the power of 70:20:10. It’s great to see thought-leaders partnering together and presenting strategy combinations even greater than the sum of their parts.
We hope you found this useful and we look forward to seeing you at the show next year. Follow us @TowardsMaturity and chat with others on the hashtag #LT16uk, when it takes off…