Impact – Journal of Applied Research in Workplace E-learning
Elnet, the e-learning network of Australasia, launched a new journal on the 22nd of December 09, Impact – Journal of Applied Research in Workplace E-learning.
The journal has been created to address the paucity of research publication avenues looking at workplace and organisational e-learning issues and this first issue.
The first issue addresses the theme of “Current issues and future directions in workplace e-learning: Mapping the research landscape”, All 14 articles in this ediction are freely available any member of the general public who registersfor a free account on the journal’s Web site.
We are very pleased that the Toward’s Maturity’s benchmark work on e-learning maturity in the workplace was accepted, following a nerve wracking blind review process! You can download the Towards Maturity article that was published in the journal below.
There is a wealth of material in this first edition from those we know well in Europe ( such as Richard Straub and Martyn Sloman) and from further afielid. The articles provide very useful insights into a important areas such as executive evaluation of e-learning and it’s use in enaging small business as well as the learning developments acompanying the rapid collaborative changes that we are seeing in business at the moment.
The full list of refereed articles included in the first edition are:
- Knowledge work in a connected world: is workplace learning the next big thing?
- Learning and technology – what have we learnt?
- Whose context is it anyway? Workplace e-learning as a synthesis of designer- and learner-generated contexts
- Heutagogy and e-learning in the workplace: some challenges and opportunities
- Connectivism: a theory for learning in a world of growing complexity
- Exploring corporate e-learning research: what are the opportunities?
- Enhancing the experience of e-learning among working students: a systematic review with thematic analysis
- The use of e-learning in the workplace: a systematic literature review
- E-learning maturity in the workplace – the benefits and practices
- Optimising work-based e-learning in small and medium-sized enterprises: contemporary challenges
- The [email protected] Socrates-Minerva Research Project 2005–2007: what did it do and what has happened with it since?
- Workers researching the workplace using a work-based learning framework: towards an agenda for improving supervisory Practice
- How do executives evaluate e-learning? A grounded theory study
We’d recommend that you take advantage of the fact that the first edition is free and take a closer look!
Access the full report
Sign up to get notified about new articles, resources, events and research.
Download this report
Login or sign up to download this report and get instant access to:
- L&D Benchmark Reports
- In-Focus Reports
- Sector Reports
- Case Studies
- Free Resources
This annual report directly follows the publication of The Transformation Curve: The L&D journey to deliver lasting business impact, released in January 2018. Here we discuss barriers in L&D’s transformation journey from the left to the right of the curve.read more
This brand-new report uncovers new insight into the most effective ways to improve formal learning by exploring what successful organisations are doing differently.read more
Drawing on 15 years of experience and independent data from over 700+ L&D professionals, 10,000+ learners and 200+ L&D leaders that took part in our 2018 Leadership Pulse survey, Towards Maturity and Skillsoft set to uncover real evidence to highlight where the best opportunities are to develop leadership capabilities.read more
The ability to change behaviour through habit creation is crucial to becoming a top performing organisation, particularly as learners have the skills to build new capabilities quickly and ‘unbuild’ old behaviours that are no longer relevant. But how do you actually create habits in the workplace?read more
What does L&D’s relationship with data look like today? With over 150 L&D leaders from a variety of sectors and organisations of all sizes taking part in the Towards Maturity L&D Data Pulse, this report analyses why it is important to use data effectively and outlines pathways to success and real impact.read more