- Text size
If you are in the middle of modernising your L&D strategy, here are 5 reasons not to miss the CIPD L&D conference at Olympia next week!
13-14 May, London Olympia
The CIPD L&D show is just a week away and we've been scouring the agenda for hidden gems to help us plan ahead. If you've not been before (or haven't decided what to go to this year), here are some of our recommendations to help you take the next step in modernising your learning strategy whilst saving you time planning it all.
1: Great conference speakers
The L&D show is the only L&D event where conference sessions are available on a pay as you go basis (perfect for when the time is tight and the free seminar programme is calling). These are just some of the sessions that caught our eye:
- Designing an Effective Technology Strategy as Part of the Blended Approach
[Day 1, 09:30 - 12:30, booking code W1]
- Supporting Autonomous Learning to Meet Future Business Objectives
Andrew Jacobs, Organisational Learning and Talent Management Manager, London Borough of Lewisham
[Day 1, 13:45 - 15:45, booking code W2]
- Maximising and Measuring ROI of L&D Initiatives
[Day 2, 13:45 - 16:45, booking code W4]
- Are You Equipped to Lead L&D into the Future?
Laura Overton, Ruth Stuart and Lisa Johnson
[Day 2, 11:15 - 12:30, Booking Code F3]
- Bringing Learning into the Mobile World to Boost Accessibility and Effectiveness
Nick Shackleton-Jones, Director, Online & Informal Learning, BP
[Day 1, Booking code C1]
- Bringing the L&D Profession into the Future: New Standards and Qualifications
Andy Lancaster (CIPD) and Brian Stanton, Global Head of Customer and Product Training, Rolls Royce
[Day 1, 11:15 - 12:30, Booking code B2]
2: Free exhibition seminars
If budget is a problem, then check out some of these power-packed free seminars. They are only 30 minutes each, so you can fit lots in!
Day 1, Wednesday 13th:
- Creating an evidence-based strategy (and use it to get buy-in)
CIPD and Towards Maturity
[13:45, Topic Taster Zone]
- Creating blended learning campaigns for impact
Award-winning case studies by Acteon
[11:30, Technology For Learning Zone]
- Bridging the Digital Divide: How Collaborative is Your L&D Team?
City & Guilds Kineo
[14:30, Technology For Learning Zone]
- E-learning for Behaviour Change and Service Transformation
A case study with Kallidus and Transport for London
[15:15, Technology for Learning Zone]
- The Learning Professional in 2015
[15:15, Topic Taster Zone]
- The Future of L&D: Key Trends from the Latest Research
[12:15, Topic Taster Zone]
Day 2: Thursday 14th:
- Total Learning: The Future is Here
[10:45, Technology for Learning Zone]
- More than Blended Learning: Creating World Class Learning Interventions
[11:30, Technology for Learning Zone]
- E-learning Games to Increase Learner Engagement
[13:00, Technology for Learning Zone]
3: Ignite labs
Set your thinking ablaze with these quick-fire ignite sessions with thought-leaders and practitioners. If you've not experienced Ignite before (a 5-minute session with 20 slides that automatically progress after 15 seconds), come and watch. It's guaranteed to be a great session and entertaining as the speakers try to keep up with their slides!
Make sure you leave time for networking. The TM team will be around and we'd love to grab a coffee with you - just get in touch if you want to book a time!
5: Practical ideas for modernising your learning strategy
Catch up with some great people – any of the Towards Maturity Ambassadors have lots of ideas to help you modernising learning and they'll also be able to tell you more about benchmarking and how to benchmark. Just watch out for this sign.
Secure your place and book today:
Follow the news on twitter: @CIPD_Events and #CIPDLDShow