- Text size
Our 2014-15 Benchmark Modernising Learning: Delivering Results shows that learning innovation done well delivers bottom line results. There is no better way to find out how to do this than booking a few days out to visit Learning Technologies show in London on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th January.
The show is almost here, but if you are hoping to pop along to the free exhibition, we strongly recommend that you plan ahead. There are so many opportunities to meet with and hear from the industry's top thought leaders without spending anything...but don't leave it until the last minute to organise your visit.
Here is our definitive guide to finding your way around and planning your time, so that you can hit the ground running at the show.
Share and Learn at LT15
You don't have to go to the conference to meet the speakers - join them in eXchanges, a small group discussion hosted by Towards Maturity and Training Journal. Prior booking is essential, so please visit our booking page to secure your place.
Get updates on eXchange speakers, bookings and live conversation by following the hashtags on Twitter:
|2015 eXchanges Timetable|
Wednesday 28th January
11:20 – 12:20
The Do's and don'ts of facilitating vibrant communities of practice
|Edward Gallier |
How to support in-company sharing of knowledge
How to build high impact blended learning
|Martin Couzins /Sam Burroughs |
How can we use MOOCs effectively in corporate learning?
How to identify the right learning tools for the social age
What are today's essential instructional design skills?
Thursday 29th January
11:20 – 12:20
|Mark Reilly |
How to deliver business results with game based learning
How to transform learning (and bring the business with you)
Speed, innovation, change: How to meet the learning challenge
|Velda Barnes |
How can we manage stakeholders more effectively?
Delivering Value - how to build a high performing learning team
Embedded Learning – extending learning beyond the formal
Generate is where visitors meet together to generate new ideas and suggestions that will help them modernise the way they support learning at work. At Generate we will be crowdsourcing solutions to common L&D training issues that have been voted on by You!
- How do I engage my learners more effectively in online learning?
- How can I reinvigorate my compliance training?
- Top tips for delivering on a budget
- How to make the shift to performance support
Visitors help set the crowdsource agenda prior to the show by joining us online and then join us on the day for a dynamic and fun crowdsourcing exercise to come up with the answers.
TrainingZone and Towards Maturity will be active in sharing the solutions generated online after the show. We will be running crowdsourcing sessions at 12:00–13:15 each day at the Generate Zone in L&S, stand 418.
However, you can just turn up and share your ideas or take a look at other people’s solutions and ideas at any time throughout the show!
Follow the conversation and get updates on GENERATE by following the hashtag on Twitter: #LT15gen
Make sure you have the most useful conversations with suppliers
With over 280 exhibitors - where do you start? It's not our policy to recommend suppliers, but we thought you might like to use our map that shows you where to find the Towards Maturity Ambassadors - these are thought leading organisations who value independent research and sharing good advice. They can provide you with great ideas to help you think ahead in your strategy. Download the map here or check out the exhibition delegate's bag for your printed copy on the day.
Update yourself with free independent research and resources on the latest trends and technologies
5 new Sector reports from Towards Maturity
- Professional Services
- IT and Telecoms
- Finance and Insurance
- Energy and Utilities
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
TM Benchmark Report 2014 - Modernising Learning: Delivering Results
Building on the evidence established from 3,500 L&D leaders and 15,000 learners gathered since 2003, this study revisits the New Learning Agenda introduced last year and explores how it is being used as a roadmap for modernising learning - if you've not downloaded it yet, check out your exhibition bag for our infographic to share with colleagues back in the office.
Visit us at Stand 88 to discuss how our research can help you build a business case for lasting change.
- How to get your L&D team in tip top condition for 2015
Laura Overton, Managing Director
Learning and Skills Theatre 10
28 Jan, 10:30-11:00 (including Q&A)
- Debunking the ‘Learner Centric’ myths of L&D
Marnie Threapleton, Head of Advisory Services
Learning Technologies Theatre 5
29 Jan, 15:30-16:00 (including Q&A)
Free Personalised Benchmark Report Consultations
If you took part in our 2014 Benchmark Survey, bring your Towards Maturity Personalised Benchmark report along and visit the TM team on Stand 88 for an extra helping hand in prioritising the next steps you need to take to deliver great learning results in 2015. This is a FREE group consultation that will be given by Marnie Threapleton. Do not miss out on this valuable opportunity to make the most of the insight gained by benchmarking.
- Marnie Threapleton will be available on the 28th and 29th at 12:30pm - 1:15pm, Stand 88
These sessions are a group consultation with a maximum of 10 people so book to avoid disappointment.
Meeting interesting people:
BarCamp with @learnpatch - LearnPatch will be running a fringe event for LT15 delegates. This year’s event, as with previous fringe events, is a bar camp style get together and the topic is the xAPI (otherwise known as the Experience API or Tin Can API). They have a stellar line up of speakers who will be sharing their knowledge and expertise on Tin Can.
Meet the directors of eLearning Network on stand 130 - The eLearning Network (eLN) is a non-profit, Community Interest Company run by the elearning community, for the learning community. The eLN is a great source for guidance on best practice and future trends in technology-based learning and development at work, with over 3000 members in the UK and beyond.
There are also plenty of opportunities to meet people through the Share & Learn programme, detailed above - make sure you come along to these events.
Free Seminars at LT15 You Don't Want to Miss...
There are plenty of ideas to be had in 150 free seminars but where to start? We've identified a few from organisations that we respect to provide some practical 'how to's for 2015. Each one is 30 minutes long and bound to be popular, so get there before it starts to bag your seat!
Strategy: Adding bottom-line value
- Day 1, 10:30am - How to get your L&D team in tip top condition for 2015! Laura Overton from Towards Maturity, Theatre 10
- Day 1, 11:45am - Supporting joined-up development strategies: how to love the way you learn, Charles Jennings, Theatre 1
- Day 1, 11:45am - It's never too early: how, when, and why consultancy adds value to strategic learning, Nina Brebner, Theatre 3
Engaging the business
- Day 1, 10:15am - Creating blended learning campaigns for impact, Matthew Borg, Theatre 2
- Day 1, 1:15pm - Calculating success: The story of an award winning learning department, Tim Ringo, Theatre 4 CASE STUDY
- Day 2, 11:45am - Game on: how McDonald's designed a successful, addictive service game, Paul Westlake & Paul Welch, Theatre 3 CASE STUDY
- Day 2, 1:30pm - When worlds collide - leveraging learning content as brand experience, Caroline Freeman, Theatre 8
- Day 2, 3:30pm - Debunking the 'Learner Centric' myths of L&D, Marnie Threapleton from Towards Maturity, Theatre 5
- Day 1 and Day 2 - Diversity and inclusion: learning to respect the individual, Neil Wilson (Day 1: 2:15pm, Theatre 7) (Day 2: 12:30pm, Theatre 4)
New Models of Learning
- Days 1, 2:15pm - Harnessing the power of 70:20:10, Charles Jennings, Theatre 10. Part 2: Day 2, 2:00pm, Theatre 1
- Day 1, 11:00am - Total learning - are you ready? Charles Gould & Meg Green, Theatre 2
- Day 1, 13.15 - Talent in the Learning Age Steven Rees-Pullman, Theatre 2
- Day 2, 12:30pm - Delivering tomorrow's learning today, Andrew Joly, Theatre 3
- Day 2, 2:15pm - Blends that work for learners today, and tomorrow... Sarah Bell, Theatre 9
- Day 1, 12:30pm - The importance of compliance for L&D, Mark Martin, Theatre 5
- Day 2, 2:00pm - Learning to take risks - breaking the boundaries of compliance training with Channel 4, Owen Rose, Theatre 4 CASE STUDY
- Day 1, 2:00pm, - How Northern Devon Healthcare Trust's award-winning LMS implementation has improved compliance and patient care, Rob Caul, Theatre 1 CASE STUDY
Learning Technologies - Top tips
- Day 1, and Day 2 - Behind the scenes: Creating elearning games using interactive video, Louise & Kate Pasterfield, Day 1, 11:00am Theatre 4 and Day 2, 12:45pm Theatre 9
- Day 1, 2:45pm - When learning meets mobile, Mark Lloyd, Theatre 2
- Day 1, 3:30pm - Solving the platforms crisis, Mark Aberdour, Theatre 6
- Day 1, 3:00pm - Agile video - learning lessons from TV journalism, James Woodman, Theatre 9
- Day 2, 10:15am - Spaced practice in practice: more than mobile, Donald Clark, Theatre 2
- Day 2, 11:00am - The sharpest tool in the box - choose the right authoring tool for your learning strategy, Jonathon Archibald 7 Nick Eastham, Theatre 2
- Day 2, 1:15pm - Getting to grips with Games with Purpose, Phil Stuart, Theatre 2
- Day 2, 2:45pm - Beautiful game, beautiful LMS!: How the FA is using Totara to get support at grass roots, Lewis John, Theatre 5 CASE STUDY
- Day 2, 1:15pm - Driving technology-enhanced learning in a global context, Mehdi Tounsi, Theatre 3
- Day 2, 1:15pm - Internationalisation, localisation and cultural integration: how do we meet the needs of a global audience?, Lucy Hodge, Theatre 4
Click here to view full seminar details on the LT website
We hope you find this useful and we look forward to seeing you at the show. Follow us @towardsmaturity and chat with others on the hashtag: #LT15UK