- Text size
Join Laura Overton at World of Learning (Birmingham NEC, 31st September - 1st October) as she shares how to align learning to business. Don't miss some of the top learning companies in Towards Maturity Benchmark who will be sharing their experiences in the conference. There is a special discount for TM Benchmark Participants.
Towards Maturity's Guide to making the most of World of Learning 2014
The comprehensive event for all aspects of Learning and Development (L&D) takes place 30th September and 1st October at Birmingham’s NEC and offers a dedicated area for technology trialling.
Technology Test Drive Zone
Getting to grips with the latest technology for learning and development isn’t always easy, particularly when there are so many options. Visitors to the World of Learning Conference & Exhibition have the chance to explore the latest innovations at the Technology Test Drive zone.
The Technology Test Drive offers visitors a truly interactive experience in testing the latest innovations in learning technology at their own pace. L&D professionals at the show can experience and evaluate the latest innovations from e-learning and m-learning to the most recent LMS from a range of leading suppliers including our Ambassador Acteon on stand C170/TT.
(Laura Scarlett, Consultant at Acteon will also be speaking on 1st October - 11:15-11:45 on Blended learning – beyond the module in the free seminar sessions)
Making the most of the exhibition
When visiting the exhibition make sure to say hello to Kallidus (stand E50) and great supporters Training Journal (B100).
The Technology Test Drive is one of many free interactive features at the World of Learning, which also includes a Team Building Zone, Experiential Learning Zone, Mindfulness Zone and Professional Skills Workshops.
Making the most of the conference
Alongside the exhibition is the renowned World of Learning Conference where leading thinkers from organisations including Sky, Learning Technologies Group, MIT, Unilever and American Express will be sharing their own experiences and expertise.
Here are some sessions that have caught our eye!
- 30th 9.10 am (platinum) Strategising for future performance Rob Caul, CEO, Kallidus
- 30th 14:45 – 15:45 - Learning to effectively conquer change challenges Melanie Lepine, Global Learning Strategy & Deployment Manager, American Expresss
- 1st October – 9.10am (platinum) How strong is your L&D brand? - Cheryl Clemons, CEO, LearnerLab
- 1st 10:50 – 11:40 The effectiveness of video learning for engaging, on-demand, bite-sized learning Tom Pape, Head of Learning Innovation, BT Academy and Dr Mark Davies, MD, See Learning Films
- 1st 11:15 – 12:05 - Getting started with technology-enabled learning, Jason Pitfield, Training Manager, LV=
- 1st 13:15 - 14:05 Using mobile devices for performance support, Tim Drewitt, Online and Mobile Learning Manager, Vodafone and Piers Lea, CSO, Learning Technologies Group
- 1st 13:30 – 14:20 More than blended learning Sarah Lindsell, Director of Global & UK Learning Technology & Transformation, PwC and Clive Shepherd, Consultant, Onlignment
- 1st 15:10 – 15:40 Closing address: Aligning your learning strategy with your business objectives Laura Overton, Director, Towards Maturity