- Text size
Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA (TME) oversees the wholesale sales and marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and Toyota’s European manufacturing and engineering operations.
Toyota directly and indirectly employs around 80,000 people in Europe and has invested over €7 billion since 1990. In 2007, Toyota sold 1,238,638 Toyota and Lexus vehicles in Europe, enjoying its 11th consecutive record year of sales.
This study presents the complex challenges Toyota has successfully addressed through process improvement and implementation of CERTPOINT’s Learning Management System for the company’s expansive dealer network. There are now 65 000 of people in Toyota Connect and a further 5 000 are expected to connect to the system by 2009.
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) and CERTPOINT Systems™, a leading global provider of corporate training software and solutions have been awarded the prestigious Silver Award in the “Best e-Learning project in securing widespread adoption” category by e-Learning Age.
Here is a summary of the top tips on how to engage diverse audiences from this award winning study - download the full story below to find out more
1. As a priority, ensure learning strategy fully supports a business strategy that impacts all parties
2. Use focus groups to provide key stakeholders with a means to contribute to system design and system selection focus groups help create buy in up front.
3. Keep the systems simple so that local regions can take ownership of localisation.
4. Use pilots around a simplified system to provide easy hands on experience on the most important features.
5. Train local champions in both how to use the system and how to implement change
6. Develop a communications programme that involves multiple media ( including face to face)
7. Work with your supplier as a partner in influencing change
8. Provide regular updates/newsletters to inform all regions of progress ( creating sense of community)
9. Don’t be afraid to use data collected by the system to highlight correlations to business success
10. Use external awards recognition to highlight service excellence internally